Saturday, September 11, 2010

And so it begins...........

I have been dying to start my own blog for years!  The blogs that I have on my blog roll,  many whom I have read for years, they have been my constant companions through two pregnancies and a husband who works odd hours. They have made me laugh and cry, given me sound advice and on the rare occasion made me so mad that I had to actually post a comment. :)  I have fallen in love with their voices and their stories and the glimpses of their life that they have shared.  Sometimes they make me feel like I'm just a normal mother, while other times they challenge me to be a better mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend.  I hope to be able to provoke the same emotions through my own words.  I have thought a lot about my own blog and what I want it to be, I most of all hope to find an outlet for all the stories and shenanigans in my life.  I'm not a crafty mom, but sometimes I try to be, I'm not a scrap booky mom, I actually sold hundreds of dollars of creative memories stuff in a garage sale last spring.  I'm probably the most organized disorganized person you will ever meet, and I hope this blog will be more than just your typical mommy blog ( not that there is anything wrong with those, I actually love mommy blogs!) So bare with me while I find my place and voice in this blogging world and I think that there is no better way to do that then to tell my first story......
HOW MY BLOG GOT HER NAME



 First off, you have to know that when I say that I am an organized disorganized person, what I mean by that is I have places for things but I also have two little monkeys right behind me taking those things out of their places.



Example A:
So now to the story of how  my blog got it's name!



I live in a cute little neighborhood with the cutest little houses, and with the meanest, craziest neighbors I have ever met or in most cases haven't met.  Our next door neighbors are renters.  Most of the time, I am so thankful for new neighbors every 12 months or so, so I was really eager to meet the new ones when they arrived.  The new neighbors were from Thailand and the wife was an excellent cook, especially because I LOVE Thai food.  She would send over soup, breads, spring rolls, over almost every day.  I had just had baby H. so it was so nice not to have to cook.  The tupperware she sent the food in was usually stuff like gladware and whip topping containers.  I  honestly didn't think she'd ever want it back. I actually thought about just throwing it away, and I am so glad that I didn't.  After I washed it  I just threw it into my designated cabinet for tupperware. (See Example A)  Months went by, and my tupperware cabinet was bursting with mismatched tops and bowls.  Then one day I get a phone call, from my now not so friendly neighbor, asking if I had all her tupperware.  "Ugh........Sure I do, I'll send it right over", I said.  Frantically, I threw all the mismatched pieces in a target bag and sent my four year old over with it.  Not because I was scared or anything, but because the baby was sleeping, I swear!! 



So my little innocent girl in her dress up outfit for the day skipped back with a half empty bag of mismatch tupperware.  And now my neighbor was following behind her and my  heart started to thump.  A. (my 4 yr. old) skipped inside, and now my angry neighbor demanded to come in and look through all my tupperware. I told her I sent her all that I had, and I promised I wasn't HOARDING her tupperware.  I refused to let her in because I was really scared! ( A.K.A. my house was a mess and I had not done that mornings dishes yet, and it's one thing to be called a tupperware hoarder but it's another  to be called a bad housewife)  So, long story short, we haven't spoken since.  Oh except once when I did find one more piece of her tupperware in my husband's car that he had taken to work.  I made him to the dirty work this time too, and sent him over with it.  He reported that she just snatched it from him and didn't say anything.  I really feel bad, I do, I didn't mean to be a tupperware hoardess.

No comments:

Post a Comment