Sunday, September 12, 2010

When in Rome

I've lived on the Bayou for over 5 years, and just this year I've given up hope of ever returning to my native Atlanta.I recently heard the saying "I'm going to grow where the lord planted me." and I'm letting that be my motto for the next year.  I think anyone from here would agree that you are not a true cajun unless you cook red beans and rice or jambalaya on a weekly basis.    So I decided to incorporate RED BEANS & RICE into our monthly menu.  This is only the second time making it, and the first time was a hit, and it's cheap!  Baby H. (I haven't decided if I'm going to use our real names or not) loves her some red beans and rice!  I add pork sausages and bake corn muffins and it turns out to be a great meal.  (I'll post the complete Sunday Dinner and recipe tomorrow).  Oh, one more thing, am  I the only one who doesn't use their spoon holder thing, because it's clean??? I swear, I never use it because in my head I'm like " oh I don't want to dirty that up"  but when you actually think about it, why else would you have it??  So here's to always using my spoon holder!

These pictures from my phone not the best quality, sorry!  Also I don't know what that white streaky stuff is, I think it's just a reflection.


No comments:

Post a Comment