Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Charmed





Do y'all have a charm bracelet?  I do! I do!  My parents gave me the above bracelet when I was 13. (Excuse all my horrible photo editing, I'm teaching myself Photoshop! I'll get better I promise, xxoo)   It's one of my favorite things, even though I haven't worn it in years.  I actually prefer the silver kind with tons of charms, and that was seriously my attempt, but it kind of fizzled out around my 21st birthday.     I think my mom and dad thought I would wear a gold one through my adulthood.  My daughter who loves going through my jewelry box, found this and pulled it out. I had always hoped to give it to my little girl someday, she wears this bracelet all day, everyday.  Nothing makes my heart happier.  She loves hearing the stories of what each charm means.  I would love to start a charm bracelet for her and her sister.  I haven't made up my mind if I will just add to this one or start her own. I love, love, L.O.V.E. these charms from Tiffany & Co. If I had all the money in the world I would start charm bracelets for both of my girls from there!!!  .  I love their "Charmed by Tiffany" concept, like who isn't charmed by Tiffany, right?? 

So here are my charms and their meanings:

1. Mickey Mouse- represents my first trip to Disney World

2. Telephone - I got my own telephone line and phone in my room for my 13th birthday ( I think that is    equivalent to today's teens, getting their own cell phone)

3.  Christmas box - I guess this was a charm for Christmas in 1990, I can't remember. Ha!

4.  Pacifier- This is my favorite charm, I love the 3D charms much more than the flat kind, I think it has more personality.  This represents that I was a pacifier baby.....uh toddler.  It's one of my life stories that I will never live down, not that I want to either, When I was 3 I told my mom and dad I was a big girl and didn't need my pacy anymore, and threw them all away.  Except for one, that I hid in my pillow case for weeks until my mom figured it out.

5.  Pelican - This one was hard to explain to A., this actually represents an old boyfriend's family beach house with a pelican theme. He gave it to me when we took our first vacation there. It's part of my past, part of my story, so I don't take it off.
6.  Sweet 16-  You can't really see it, but its obviously from when I turned 16.

7.  A Cross - I bought this one for myself when I decided to give my heart to God.

8.  Class of 95' - The year I graduated from high school ( Now you know how old I am!)

9.  "B"- This represents my friend Brad who was killed in a car accident.  We were so close and this accident forever changed my life.  Someday I will tell this story.

10.  BFF charm/broken - My best friend, who is actually a boy, and who we are still close friends with today, gave me the broken heart charm on my 18th birthday. I wonder if he still has the other half? I'll have to ask him!

11. Round token with my initials - My parents gave this to me on my 21st birthday.

12.  Drama Mask - Because I wanted to me an actress my whole life, until I finally took drama in high school and discovered I had horrible stage fright!

13.  "Super Daughter" - No explanation needed :)

Remembering all these stories has inspired me to definitely start bracelets for my girls. And maybe give it to them for their 13th birthdays. I think I might be a little more creative though.  Mine is definetly not the prettiest or the one with the most charms, but it's my little piece of my past, and I'm ok with that. 

If you have a charm bracelet I would love to know the stories, send me the links!!

No comments:

Post a Comment